In a text post, list ten books that have stayed with you in some way. Don’t take but a few minutes, and don’t think too hard — they don’t have to be the “right” or “great” works, just the ones that have touched you. Tag ten friends, including me, so I’ll see your list. Make sure you let your friends know you’ve tagged them.
1. The Lord of the Rings - J.R.R. Tolkien
2. The Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkien
3. The Discworld Series (yes, all of them. I am not picking favourites or we’d be here all day) - Terry Pratchett
4. The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath
5. Neverwhere - Neil Gaiman
6. The Woman in White - Wilkie Collins
7. The Yellow Wallpaper - Charlotte Perkins Gilman
8. Frankenstein - Mary Shelley
9. Dracula - Bram Stoker
10. Oliver Twist - Charles Dickens (but because I hated it and vowed never to read Dickens again when I was forced to read it at school aged 14).
I tag whoever the hell wants to do this. Dancynymphydance, I’m looking at you.